What do Osteopaths do?
Osteopaths focus on your neuro-musculoskeletal system - the bones, muscles, nerves and other tissues that support your body and control its movements. Osteopaths understand how the parts of your body should work and the impact on the body when injury occurs and function is altered.
Osteopathy is a form of manual medicine that incorporates a holistic approach to treatment, recognising the Link between the mind and body, structure and function and the importance of individualised care.
Osteopaths are trained to provide;
- Musculoskeletal and nervous system assessments
- Manual therapy
- Clinical exercise programs
- Movement, postural, positioning advice and ergonomic assessments.
- Therapeutic needling techniques, like dry needling, trigger point therapy.
- Advice about your lifestyle, stress management, diet or other factors that may influence your pain, injury or movement.
When Might I See an Osteopath?
People attend an osteopath when they experience long term (chronic) and short term (acute) problems, like the examples below:
- Neck or back pain
- Leg pain
- Postural issues
- Weight bearing issues
- Balancing and walking issues
- Muscular sprains and strains
- Sports injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Hip, knee or foot pain
- Shoulder or elbow pain
- Tendon problems
- headaches and migraines
- Injury prevention and postural advice
Osteopathy & Pregnancy
During the natural course of pregnancy a women’s body is continuously changing from as early as the first few weeks, to the last and final weeks.
During these changes the body may struggle to accommodate appropriately resulting in common symptoms such as:
- Pelvic pain
- Neck, shoulder and middle back pain
- Pelvic and lower leg congestion
Osteopathy treatment can be helpful throughout your pregnancy to help alleviate back pain and other pregnancy-related musculoskeletal pains.
Osteopathy & Sport
Competitive sport is demanding on the body, whether you play in a social competition or you are an elite athlete. Regular Osteopathic treatment can help alleviate some of the tension and strain placed on the body whilst participating in competitive sport. Without Limits Health & Osteopathy is able to provide an individualised program to assist athletes in their recovery and implement injury prevention strategies to ensure athletes are getting the most out of their bodies to perform at the highest level possible.